What is ReadWorks? ReadWorks provides K-6 teachers and school leaders with a proven, research-based program focused specifically on teaching reading comprehension. ReadWorks, developed by educators, sole mission is to close the achievement gap in reading comprehension throughout the United States. ReadWorks provides:
- Lessons and units that explicitly teach the essential Concepts of Comprehension©. These are the skills and strategies students must master to be successful readers.
- Lessons and units with suggested pacing, printable student materials, non-fiction passages with questions and vocabulary, extension activities and assessments.
- Alignment with every state’s ELA standards plus the Common Core State Standards.
- Alignment with core reading programs. Provides the specific reading comprehension focus most core programs lack.
- Free unlimited access and sharing with colleagues.
- School-wide and teacher-team webinar training available from our staff.
- Online on-demand and webinar training available to all educators.
Bookshare and ReadWorks are now collaborating to bring more educators free teaching resources for children in grades K-6. Bookshare has the majority of the recommended reading as provided by Read Works in our collection, so educators with students with print disabilities can sign up for both programs and get access to both the books and the curriculum.
After our first coordinated outreach to Bookshare Members, thousands of teachers began to explore the ReadWorks free reading comprehension curriculum.
To learn more contact:
68 Jay Street, # 426 Brooklyn, NY 11201