Calling all Canadians…do you love to read a good story?
How about 225,000 amazing stories, all available at your fingertips for FREE?
Canadians with qualified print disabilities can easily access all the latest ebooks, like NYPD Red 2 by James Patterson, Oprah’s Book Club titles, like I Know This Much Is True by Wally Lamb, and CBC Canada Reads books, like When Everything Feels Like the Movies by Raziel Reid.
Free ebooks—How Is This Possible?
The Centre for Equitable Library Access (CELA) partnered with Bookshare, the world’s largest accessible online library for people with print disabilities, to offer a huge collection of over 225,000 titles, including new releases, bestsellers, mysteries, romance, science fiction, autobiographies, and books for school and career.
In addition, Bookshare books do not have expiration dates, and people with print disabilities can read many different ways and on a variety of reading tools!
More Ways to Read!
With Bookshare, you get many reading options—more than any other accessible library. You can read books on tablets, smartphones, computers, assistive technology devices, MP3 players, and more. And because Bookshare books come in accessible formats like DAISY and BRF (Braille Ready Format), they can be read the following ways:
- Listen to words read aloud
- See and hear words read on a screen
- Read with enlarged fonts
- Read with refreshable braille
What Do You Get with Bookshare?
With a Bookshare membership, you get all of the following:
- Unlimited access to more than 225,000 titles with no expiration dates!
- 24/7 availability to the Bookshare website
- Free reading tools for PC, Mac, and Android devices
- Friendly and helpful customer support
- Access to a lively and supportive community of Bookshare members
Sign Up Today with These Four Easy Steps!
- Make sure you qualify as a Canadian with a print disability.
- Contact your local local library to register for CELA services.
Welcome to all our Canadian members.
P.S. If you know someone who could benefit from this offer, please share this information!