Did you know that Bookshare Web Reader, the popular web-based reading tool that was previously available only to Individual Members, is now available for students on school accounts too? Yes! Bookshare Web Reader is so easy to use!
All you need is a computer with an Internet connection, and you can find, open, and start reading Bookshare books directly within popular Internet browsers like Google Chrome and Safari.
Your reading experience is easier, faster, and efficient!
There is no software to install, and you don’t need to worry about downloading and finding book files on your computer or reading device. Simply select “Read Now” to start reading Bookshare books!
How does Bookshare Web Reader work for Organizational Accounts?
Teachers assign books to students on Reading Lists and give them a username and password. Students log in anywhere there is Internet access—at school, at home, or on the go—and read assigned books. That’s it!
Watch this quick video tutorial about Bookshare Web Reader!
How does Bookshare Web Reader benefit teachers and students?
- Manage reading easily. No more software installation or downloading books to folders or directories.
- Build student independence. Let them log in and read on their own.
- Save time! No more opening books for Bookshare members to read.
- Read anywhere. Students just need a PC or Mac with Internet.
- Enable a multi-modal reading experience. Listen and follow highlighted text in a compatible browser.*
- Encourage summer reading and help your students now learn to use Bookshare Web Reader.
Want more information? Check out these training guides and sign up for a webinar!
Try Bookshare Web Reader today, and look out for more news on our popular summer reading event! Details coming soon.
*To access Bookshare Web Reader’s full features, please make sure to use a compatible browser.