Summer is the perfect time to catch up on all those books you have been meaning to read. It’s not too late to join our fun summer reading activity: Bookshare Bingo. The game of Bingo is believed to have originated in the 1920s by Hugh J. Ward who introduced it at carnivals around Pittsburgh and in Western Pennsylvania.
Today, there are more versions of bingo than you can count, and our version involves reading at least five books that correspond to five categories in a row, column, or diagonal to get a bingo. Then you submit your Bingo card and get a special gift while supplies last.
Many members have already submitted bingo cards. Here are just a few of the captivating books that they have been enjoying this summer:
- The Dog Rules by Kyra Sundance (category: pets and animals)
- Tesla’s Attic (Book 1 of the Accelerati Trilogy) by Neal Shusterman and Eric Elfman (category: science fiction & fantasy)
- 10,000 Days of Thunder: A History of the Vietnam War by Philip Caputo (category: history)
- Enchanted Air – Two Cultures, Two Wings (A Memoir) by Margarita Engle and Edel Rodriguez (category: children’s books)
- 11th Hour by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro (category: mystery & thrillers)
- Chasing Kangaroos: A Continent, a Scientist, and a Search for the World’s Most Extraordinary Creature by Tim Flannery (category: science & animals)
- 1,000 Best Hot and Spicy Recipes by Dave Dewitt (category: food & cooking)
- 15 Sports Myths and Why They’re Wrong by Rodney Fort and Jason Winfree (category: sports)
- Dandelion Fire (Book Two of the 100 Cupboards) by N.D. Wilson (category: science fiction & fantasy)
Need some ideas? Our staff has prepared summer reading lists for children, middle school students, teens, and adults. Dive in and see which titles intrigue you, or find your own books. Then all you need is a comfy chair, hammock, beach towel, or cozy bed so you can settle in with a good book. Let Bookshare unlock the door to a summer filled with reading. Catch the Bookshare Bingo fever!
Be First to Comment