Teachers: As you count down to your much-deserved winter break, complete these important steps to ensure that students have books to read over the break and in the new year
1. Prepare students for winter break reading
- Make sure they have a login to their school account and they know what it is.
- Assign books to read over the break. The Bookshare Team has compiled some engaging holiday reads, and you can choose from hundreds of other curated lists, including many popular series, books organized by Lexile level, and “Read Alikes” for middle and high school grades.
- Here are instructions for assigning individual books (video, how-to guide) and for assigning lists of books (video, how-to guide).
- Show students how they can read books when they’re at home, visiting relatives, and on the road.
2. Make sure the books students need in 2020 are in Bookshare
- If the books are there, you’re all set. If not, you can request them.
- Here are detailed instructions for finding and requesting books.
Have a wonderful, restful holiday!
The Bookshare Team