As the end of the school year approaches, students and teachers are getting ready for the next transition. Whether your students are moving to a new grade, a new school, or life after school, you can set your students up to continue learning and growing with these useful tips.
Tip 1: Set Up Students with Summer Reading
Keep your students engaged over the summer with Bookshare’s Summer of Audio campaign. Access delightful, level-appropriate titles and make sure your students are set up to read on their own over the summer with these steps.
- Assign summer reading books with Bookshare’s summer reading lists
- Make sure students can log in over the summer with this handy login reminder
Tip 2: Prepare for the 2023-2024 School Year
Get ahead for the 2023-2024 school year by getting your Bookshare account ready. These easy steps will help you save time and prepare for next year’s busy back-to-school season.
- Increment the grade level of your students
- Set up Readings Lists with books your students will be reading next year
- Request new books you cannot currently find on Bookshare
- Manage your current Reading Lists by updating students, including moving large groups of students to a new Reading List
Tip 3: Set Up Students Moving on to New Grades and Schools
Do you have students transitioning to middle school, high school, or college? Perhaps they are moving to a school in a different district? Help ensure that they don’t lose access to Bookshare as they transition through their school journey.
- Give students an Individual Membership so they can access books on their own
- Contact students’ parents to make sure they know to request Bookshare at the new school. Download our parent letter template
- Contact Bookshare to find out if there is an existing account at the new school so we can help facilitate getting a student added to a new account
Taking these steps now will set students up for success over the summer and into the fall no matter where their educational journey takes them next.