In our last blog, we officially launched the Back-to-School season and now want to continue our series with a spotlight on educators. Yes, we all know that once school starts and students enter the classroom, it’s a nonstop race to the holiday break, followed by two sprints to spring and summer. So our time and good intentions can often get the best of us.
Lisa Gutheil, a teacher of the visually impaired and early intervention specialist in New York, knows about this situation. That’s why she is already talking with teachers to make sure students who qualify for Bookshare have their required reading lists and can keep the pace.
“There’s no excuse for a student to wait for materials or a teacher to spend excessive time looking for books,” says Lisa. “Come September, I have students’ books assigned and ready to download. No more scrambling for me, and I feel good that my students can keep better pace with their reading assignments!”
What can you do to make sure your classroom is ready?
Start by making sure your Bookshare account at school is up-to-date by following these steps:
- Go to www.bookshare.org and log in.
- If you have new students who qualify, go to “Members” and add them to your roster.
- If you have the same students from the prior year, make sure to update their grade levels.
- If you want to empower other educators to download titles for members and manage the roster, you can add new sponsors.
- Attend these FREE “Back-to-School” with Bookshare” Webinar for more details and advanced tips:
- Tuesday, Aug. 27—4:00 pm ET, 3:00 pm CT, 2:00 pm MT, 1:00 pm PT (30 minutes)
- Tuesday, Sep. 10—1:30 pm ET, 12:30 pm CT, 11:30 am MT, 10:30 am PT (30 minutes)
Plus…sign up for these tutorials!
“What’s New at Bookshare?”
- Thursday, Sep. 5—1:30 pm ET, 12:30 pm CT, 11:30 am MT, 10:30 am PT (30 minutes)
- Wednesday, Sep. 18—4:00 pm ET, 3:00 pm CT, 2:00 pm MT, 1:00 pm PT (30 minutes)
Follow the five quick steps above and your school account will be ready to go!
And, for additional tips, visit the Back-to-School Resource page for educators!